Thursday, May 31, 2007

"Why don't you write me? I'm out in the jungle, I'm hungry to hear you."

I would love love love to get letters from you :) Or even better, postcards--then you wouldn't have to write as much (and would therefore be more inclined to send them because they wouldn't take much time) and then I could put them up on the walls of whatever I'll be living in and could have a visual reminder of you (Robin--I am expecting many postcards of very attractive men).

For now, my address is:

Bethany Allen, PCV
Bureau du Corps de la Paix
B. P. 12091
Poste Zoom Ankorondrano
Antananarivo 101
Madagascar

Be sure to write "Air Mail" and "Par Avion" on whatever you send so it gets here as fast as it can. Letters and postcards should cost about 90 cents. They can take 4 plus weeks to get to me (so send one now so I have it around when I get there and am most homesick!), and it can take even longer for me to send things to you (so be understanding and just keep sending me random stuff, assuming that I get it--or will at some point).

Eventually I might get a new address (when I get moved to a site), but I'll let you know.

Seriously, it'd be great to hear from you--you know, just to know that you haven't forgotten that I exist or whatever. Even if it's just to say hey--you don't need to write much. And I'll do what I can to get back to you!

2 comments:

SirGecko said...

Hey bethany! I would write you a postcard but I am in the middle of the Pacific and won't get home till July! Anyway, I hope you have fun in Madagascar!

~Eric Jones

Anita A said...

Bethany- Are you a Simon & Garfunkel fan? I never realized. That song was on one of my favorite LP's back in Jr-Hi.
"send me a card I am waiting so hard to be near you..." That's all I remember.
It was really cool to see you the other day. We'll try to keep in touch.