Friday, December 14, 2007

a few more things

Okay let's continue from a few days ago.

On Freckles
In Malagasy, you literally call freckles "flea shit." No I'm serious I couldn't have made that up if I tried. Hahaha I don't care I still love them. It's a good thing, too. Then again, maybe that's why I love them--you get what you et and you don't have a fit, right?

My recent luxuries
I now have a hammock in my room AND (thanks to Shawn Taylor--you are AMAZING) I also have a little DVD player. After winter break, I'm bringin popcorn, and my proviseur and her neice and nephew and I are having an American movie night. Ha. OH! AND yesterday some carpenters made me a swing! When I get home I'm going to hang it in my back door where there's a breeze and where you can hear the rain on the tin roof when it rains. Yes, I realize I am very spoiled. But cost me like a dollar and I decided it was necessary for my happiness. Everyone needs a swing in their life.

On Christmas Break
I'm camping and hiking in 4 different National Parks!! SO excited. Going with about six other people from my stage. The parks are: Andringatra, Isalo, Zombitse/Vohibasia, and Ifaty. I'll let you know :)

On accidentally visibly talking and laughing to yourself in the street
You shouldn't do that. People will think you're crazy. Probably because that's one of the main things every town's crazy person does (no seriously--every town has one--it's like the village idiot idea but for real--every one gets a crazy person).

PS The other day I saw a lemur in my backyard in the banana trees.

Okay. That's all. I'll try not to be silent so long again. Keep writing! Your letters make a HUGE difference and make me feel less isolated. MISS YOU ALL!!!

3 comments:

Justin the Astounding said...

Hey! Miss you, how can I write?

Maureen Lee Maloney said...

Hey! I'm coming to Madagascar in February to serve, and I just wanted to say that I LOVE your blog. It makes me laugh so much.
Peace,
Mo

Unknown said...

So does that mean that YOU are the crazy person of your town, or is there another one?
I think Austin probably got an extra one...
I miss your face. (the rest of you too...)