Thursday, September 27, 2007

Lessons from Crayola

Who is it that teaches us to color? SOMEONE does, because these kids do not know how. But while some countries value coloring education over others, some things don't change across the ocean. There are always children who color inside the lines. There are always children who don't notice the lines even exist. There are children who think crayons work better when they're rolling across the floor. And why is it that children love eating art supplies? Glue might mess with your brain, but crayons stick in your teeth. And is it bad that when one started coloring on my cement floor, my first thought was, "What a good idea!"? But somehow I suspect a crayon floor mural would come off on my feet.

1 comment:

vazahagasy said...

Hi

You don't know me so hope you don't mind me nosing your blog. Was looking for Madagascar blogs for my own one (http://vazahagasy.wordpress.com). This is what I've written about yours.

"This is my favourite peace corps blog that I have found so far - just well-written, entertaining tales of living in a Malagasy village that make me laugh with recognition or empathise with the sad things."