Thursday, September 27, 2007

top ten things that make me happy right now

10. No school on Thursdays or Fridays! Just like college, right? Oh wait, minus the five million things to do with that extra time. Though going to the market IS very exciting.

9. I am in a kilalaky dance video. NOT EVEN KIDDING. I couldn't make that up. The other day this guy was like, "Hey come see this music video" and I was so confused and I went to his house and we started watching and BAM there I was. They'd filmed me when I went to the market once--and they filmed themselves coming up to me and shaking my hand. So that's in the video and then at some points this guy is lying on a couch daydreaming and I am in his thought bubble no joke! It's HYSTERICAL. And I was at a hotely the other day and they put it on and were like "Look! It's you!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA Um yeah no seriously I find this so funny. My goal is to be in another before I leave, but actually dancing. Ha.

8. On a taxi-brousse ride someone told the boy facing me that I'd eat him (hahaha). For the rest of the ride, every time the boy and I caught each others' eyes we would start smiling uncontrollably--once I couldn't even keep from busting out laughing. I'm not sure WHY we were so amused, but it was so funny to me.

7. When I walk, I hear people say "Betania!" and I say hey back even though I often have no clue who they are. It helps that I have the same name as an island in Morondava . . . Easy to remember. Plus now they know me from the kilalaky video.


6. I hear my neighbors laugh and say they think I'm crazy. Now, I realiwe that many of you would consider your neighbors thinking you're crazy a BAD thing, but I LOVE it. See, it's kind of liberating. I can do anything and it won't shock them because they already think I'm nuts. >Plus, you're a vazaha so of course they'll think you're crazy--at least they think it's FUNNY. And it's a fast way to make friends, insanity. Note: I'm not sure whether or not you would be calling me crazy too, or if it's just a cultural thing . . .

5. Um, so on occasion, I chase this group of 5 or 6 girls home from primary school. Sometimes. Hang on, don't judge. See, they kept looking back at me once, so OBVIOUSLY I had to start chasing them. It was so funny. And a bunch of other kids ran to get in front of me so they could play too. Hahahaha. No wonder they think the vazaha eat them.

4. Uh, I'm slowly getting rid of my tanline that is a white tank top painted on my body. Awesome.

3. I've put all your cards and pictures on my walls! It's GREAT--especially for those nights when you just want to go out with friends, but you can't because you kind of live in Madagascar so then I can just look up and think of you. It's strange, but the hardest part is proving to be SITTING STILL. Guess I'm not so good at that.

2. Molly, the volunteer in Morondava, is great and has made my first month even better. No seriously--I really lucked out.

1. I AM LEARNING KARATE. I am so serious . . . . Hahahaha--Shin you'd be so proud. We'll see if I can refrain from laughing at the idea of it while I practice. Love it.

I thought about adding the fact that roosters are constanting chasing and mounting chickens in my front yard--but then I realized it's not so much something that makes me happy? Mostly just . . . scenery. HA. Miss you all. I'll give you some stories.

1 comment:

SirGecko said...

You simply must get a copy of that music video. Seriously.