Saturday, September 15, 2007

On Mail

Bits of advice:

1. If you send something customs-worthy, use the green sticker instead of the white paper, because if it comes with the white paper, I have to go to Morondava and then go to the post office and then take a taxi with the lady to this other place and then open it in front of officials (not kidding you). FYI.

2. Also, using padded envelopes is best--they are cheaper, plus they project things better, plus they often go to Mahabo instead of getting held in Morondava (aka I get them sooner).

Thank you guys so much for all the mail you've sent--no seriously, it makes me feel not so far from you, and was life-saving during my first couple weeks. Great for a bad day. PLUS, I'm pretty sure my mail dude things I'm basically a rock star because of all the mail you've sent. No seriously--sometimes people in the street will randomly tell me I have to go get my mail because I have letters waiting. Have I told you how much I love you? I am slowly writing you all back. I think I will do postcards, so you can have lovely little pictures. Sound good?

AND the music is absolutely SAVING ME. Words cannot express . . . So thanks and I love you and all that jazz.

No comments: